We are going to the Dayton Mini Makerfaire Aug 4th and 5th again!

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by jcollins, Jul 23, 2018.

1. jcollins

jcollins Active Member

We are going to the maker faire again this year. We had a great time last year and I hope this year will be better.

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

crap! that's next weekend! I'm not going to be able go :'(
    Nikki

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I thought I would take the time to post up a little something on the first day of the boat display at the Maker Faire.
    We had a nice turn-out of captains.
    Phil, Jim, John, the new John (the good one), Bill, and I were able to attend.
    I think we had 9 large tables, and we had them full of boats. I am thinking that we probably had around 25-30 boats on display. It was possibly the largest collection of boats on display that I have ever seen with our local club.
    We had some 3D printed life boats to hand out to the little kids, and a good sized TV playing combat videos.
    The weather was pretty good. A little sticky, but the rain held off until the last hour, so we had a very good event, but had to wrap things up in a hurry at the very end.
    We had lots of interested folks drop in to chat up the boats.
    I hope I didn't forget anyone.
    Well done to everyone that helped set this event up, and made it so awesome.
    We get to do it again tomorrow. I am looking forward to it.
    M

NASAAN101, Sethie, Don Folk and 2 others like this.
  4. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Well I was amazed at the display that we had put on for Saturday, and we got a lot of great feedback from both the public, and the folks putting on the show.
    So for Sunday, we dug a little deeper, and added another table, and some more boats, and had the most impressive boat display that I have ever seen.
    Phil, Bill, Jim, John, John, and I were there to display the boats. And some of the other members that couldn't attend in person lent us their boats for the display.
    We couldn't get them all under the tents, but we were set up between some trees, and were able to extend our display area into the shade.
    We had a huge collection of 144th scale Treaty boats, and an impressive collection of 96th scale Battlestations boats.
    It was awesome.
    Well done to everyone that helped support the event.
    M

WillCover, Sethie and NickMyers like this.
  5. jcollins

jcollins Active Member

Here are some pictures of our display.

froggyfrenchman and Beaver like this.
  6. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Now i wish i was there.
    Nikki

thegeek likes this.