Website

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Anachronus, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Undue excitement on our part. Quite understandable.
    :)

2. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Clark, could you check your domain on godaddy.com to make sure that the DNS servers I sent you are actually set for battlestations96.org? Its kind of unusual for it to not work by now.

Chase

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I've checked, they were there in one spot, but not in another. But kind of wierd that I could see the site at the .org address and no one else could, ja?

4. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

I can see it! w00t!!!!1!! FTW and all that!
    Clark, Chase,
    Thank you for going the extra mile on this :)

5. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

OK, this is just plain frustrating. All I see from my laptop is the GoDaddy page, and all I see from my android phone is a 'page not found'. What the heck????
    And yes, I've reloaded the page several times. And I've tried it from both IE and Mozilla. Just the GoDaddy...
    Arghhhh.....
    Carl

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Yay I can see it!

Looks good, I like the simple and clean layout and the header graphics are subtle and well chosen.

7. absolutek

Carl, just be patient it has nothing to do with your browsers just the DNS servers you are using. I noticed the .org just started working for me right now.

As I said, the site is still a work in progress. I'd like to redo the BATTLESTATIONS banner at the top to better blend in (think, transparant background). I can load as many images as I want to blend in the top part also (right now, there are only three). And we need some more content & links and all that jazz. But thanks for the complements.

--Chase

8. Tugboat

I'll email you some links shortly. Maybe some plans in 1/96, too. Mainly French, but I have open-source plans for other things, too.

9. Anachronus

In and registered.

10. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    Is the site open to anyone, or just the guys doing the 96 Scale??
    Nikki

11. absolutek

Its open for anybody to use. Although there is little benefit to registering at this point, except being able to comment in some sections and use the fb like button in the photo gallery. In the future I will be adding more features like, being able to upload pics which will require registration.

--Chase

12. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

You have a typo in your left hand nav menu. Youve got 'Communictions' where you should have 'Communications'

Also I registered, even though there's pretty much no way I'll get into building a 1/96th, I just like to forget passwords.

13. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

OK, I can see it now. You've got a great start, Chase! This is gonna be so awesome!

One thing I'd love to see is a way to change our own entries in the Captain's Cabin. It's really hard for one person to keep this up to date, and let's face it -- we change our minds all the time about what we want to build. :) It would also be good if there were a way to change our own info in the radio room, as that also changes frequently.

Also, we need to decide how best to post the ship lists. Whether we want separate twiki pages for each nation and ship like Joe used to do, or whether we just want to post the ship list spreadsheets.

14. Tugboat

Actually, Nick, we put that button in just for you. 'Communictions' is for people who wish to commune directly with Nick, whereas if we wanted everyone to talk together, we'd have a 'Communications' button. Sorry for the confusion :)

ps- thanks for the feedback :)

15. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Great job to all of you contributing to the site! Just checked it out, looks great.

16. NASAAN101

OK,
    I was looking at the old battlestations website, and are you moving the info. off that site???
    Nikkki

17. absolutek

18. NASAAN101

Chase,
    Is there anything I can do to help? I signed up for the Site, and havn't gotten the E-mail yet, how long dose it take to take the e-mail???
    Nikki

19. Anachronus

Check your spam filter Nikki, the authorization email got caught in mine.

20. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Nikki, I'm going to suggest that you not worry about the Battlestations site right now. I think you need to focus your time and energy on your existing ships and figuring out how those go working before trying to figure out the other formats. You can get signed up for so many forums that all you have time for is to read and write messages and not spend any time on a ship! ;) Stay talking about 1:144 right now, and let them figure out their format without a bunch of unnecessary (since you're not going to be battling in it any time soon) questions about their format.