Welcome and link

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by phill, Feb 4, 2009.

1. phill

phill Active Member

The Washington Cascade Column is a more or less IRCWCC ruleset club serving the Pacific Northwest. We have been pleased to have battlers from many areas join us!

The main website is http://www.eskimo.com/~phill/wcc/

The site needs work but there is useful information available. We generally battle on the 3rd Sunday of each month from April/May through October or November. Summer battles are usually in Cle Elum, just over the cascades off I-90. Spring and Fall battles are usually in the western lowlands south of Seattle.

There is a sign-up form on the website if you want to be added to our email list. I try to send out reminders of upcomming battles and notices of changes of location or times as we adjust to weather conditions.

Phill
    Minister of Misinformation

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Phill
    Great to see you and your club here.
    Welcome fellow Frenchman.
    Mikey

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Are the non-Cle Elum battles still in Bonney Lake and Orting?

4. phill

phill Active Member

We have interest and tell of a pond in the greater Portland area that I want to follow up on. Other battles are likely to be Orting, Tacoma and Bellevue. We have battled much further north in the past but have lost our northern members and I have moved further south. Many things are possible. Join the email list if you haven't. I am trying to get out a proposed schedule by the end of the weekend.

The best ships on the water were always French built and British manned!

5. NickMyers

Am in theory added to the list now. Portland is a bit of a drive but Orting, Tacoma and Bellevue all work well for me. :)

6. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Am I part of the list?

7. phill

phill Active Member

The proposed battle schedule is on the website. Email has been sent out to everyone on the list. If you didn't get email, I don't have a current email address for you.
    Only you can solve this....

8. NickMyers

Got the email. Formatting was a little rough, but its there.

9. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

got it.

10. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Phill, Where are you located these days? I seem to recall a pond in Belfair that might be suitable, depending on the location of the rest of your members. It's been years since Ive been out there though. Also, Deer Lake would be good if there is still access from Highway 3.

11. phill

phill Active Member

You assume a single pond...

Our first two battles will probably be near Tacoma then Jane Lake (Near Bonney Lake). During the summer we will be in Cle Elum. Then back in the lowlands - possibly Orting and Bellevue. That makes 5 ponds.

There is another up north that we should check out. It is on private property but we don't have active ships up north right now.

I have heard of a possible pond north of Portland. I have seen another that would do nicely in Tumwater (south of Oly) and there is a very interesting possibility in the Tri Cities area.

12. NickMyers

First battle still this upcoming Saturday? (18th?)

13. phill

phill Active Member

It's time to start thinking about a battle schedule for the year. We have traditionally battled on the 3rd Sunday of each month with slight variations to avoid holidays. Is anyone interested in attending a building party in February or March to help move ship construction forward?

14. NickMyers

I'd be interested in a build session, but might not have anything warship-wise to work on until Mid to late march. Wife says I have to finish an assortment of current projects (including the Maru and Orfey) before I can build my Baden. On the other hand, if you're thinking about fabricating cannon systems at this, I'll need some and I'd be thrilled to learn how to build them, and don't need a hull ready to do so...

15. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Another baden... interesting... mine is progressing slowly, I suspect you will see the karlsruhe this summer, the baden is a possibility...

16. NickMyers

Well, a Baden in theory only right now until the Treasury Dept releases funds...

17. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I am free for a build session. March is going to be pretty busy for me. If we could do something is February that would be better. Only, if it works for everybody else. Ill bring my Bismarck.