Welcome!

Discussion in 'Big Gun Combat Warship International' started by admiraljkb, May 14, 2009.

1. admiraljkb

admiraljkb Member

This forum is dedicated to the reforming of Big Gun R/C Combat Warship International, a Federation of Big Gun clubs globally. This was a project being done on RCWarships by Randy Kehr long ago. As the current RCWarships webmaster, I've picked up the banner so to speak.
    The combined Goals and To-Do list at this time:
    1. Create a Constitution (define who are we and what the heck are we doing here) :)
    2. Define what constitutes a Big Gun club (it might sound silly, but really need that for the above)
    3. Define club membership requirements. (this goes with the above - BGCWI is to be made up of member Big Gun clubs, what requirements are on said Big Gun clubs to be able to join?)
    4. Define Vendor membership requirements. (what voting rights does a vendor get outside of construction rules which affects them directly?)
    5. Provide an organization where Big Gun clubs can work together to resolve common issues and provide assistance to each other
    6. Promote closer cooperation between Big Gun clubs by having regional club rules changes go through the BGCWI for review so that all clubs can benefit, and vote on whether to integrate that change into the "Standard Ruleset" being maintained by the BGCWI. (BGCWI is not responsible for regional approvals, just review and provide constructive feedback to the member club doing the change)
    7. Provide for common Safety Rules (some things just don't change between clubs, safety procedures are safety procedures)
    8. Provide a common "Information/presentation packet" directed at pond owners and governments when promoting a club's interest in using their facilities. (a good presentation works wonders for getting a pond approved.)
    9. Provide the Standard Ruleset for BGCWI sanctioned events. This is also to help jumpstart new clubs, of use for independents with no local club, as well as provide a common construction baseline for all battlers wishing to battle outside their normal club.
    10. Provide proper procedural documentation for each of the club officer positions so that those persons know what is expected/required (CO/President, XO/VP, Safety Officer, Technical Officer, Secretary, etc.)
    11. Provide for common promotional materials for BGCWI member clubs.

This post is a stub that I'll continue to come back to and edit on as we get together and discuss things and make decisions. :D

2. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

I want to wish all of us the best of luck in renewing this venture. I will do any thing asked of me.

Bob
    ESBG

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good idea. Or at least not a bad idea anyways.
    I have an interest in the big-gun groups, but am currently involved in Treaty, and Battlestations. So I will be following the discussions, and will try to lend a hand.
    I am not sure when I might put a boat on the water.
    Mikey

4. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Well I am here, but since I am a newbie, I shall keep my mouth closed most of the time.

5. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Fire away Knight... lots of questions to be asked... and a fresh viewpoint sometimes shakes things loose that have been overlooked.