What radios are people using

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Boatmeister, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

I'm looking at replacing a couple of my older radios and am not exactly enamored with the Spectrums. I got an older programmable Airtronics at a swap meet last year and put a Tactic Anylink 2 on it and have used it this year with no issues. Going to be doing some building this year and have some people looking at the hobby up here and am not overly sure what to tell them. I've seen people using the Spectrums, Trunigy and the ususal Airtronics, Futaba and HiTec but what would give someone the best bang for the buck?

2. Charley

Charley Vendor

I am a Spektrum fan many electronics in other arenas are based around JR/Spektrum platform. Plus to boot there are many aftermarket items available such as Cheaper RX's

3. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

4. jackpkt

jackpkt Member

I have two Spectrum DX6i from my plane days, and was planning on using them for my new ships. I was going to adjust the throttle, but wasn't sure what setting I need to set to get the maximum use of the radio. Suggestions?

5. Charley

Charley Vendor

If you are using an esc 100% is max travel range most if not all esc's don't go any higher, go lower to achieve target speed.
    if servo with mag throttle you have upto 140% in travel range to get switch activation.

Team Delta's (mag throttle ) generally 80% but you may need to go higher