What ship are you building?

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Tugboat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I tried to post a couple of pictures of my Strasbourg on here, but an error message came up, and stopped the process.
    I will try to get them posted again later.
    Mikey

2. froggyfrenchman

I have been discussing the possibility of starting a yahoo group for the battlestations club so that we have a place where we can all post pictures of our ships and such.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Mikey

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Let's talk to Justin and get the picture posting issue resolved. I like the layout here better than Yahoo; if we can figure out a way to post pics easily, would that be acceptable to you? All this manly building going on may change my mind on building Lutzow instead of Tirpitz... Hmmm... In two months I'll have my 20x20 shop, the wife can't get pissed if I build a 9 foot long ship then :)

Ask Phil what class of cruiser he wants to do, I'll see what I have laying around. I know for a fact that I have plans for Jean d'Arc and la Galisonniere in 1/96. I can also guarantee it'll cost him less to get them from me already printed in scale :) I also have the shipyard drawings of Bearn (not cleaned up yet, but I have them).

4. Tugboat

I say this because obviously some people have figured out how to post pics here. Don't ask ME how cause I'm not that bright myself, but I'm sure one of them might be able to tell us. It may be that we need to link to a pic hosted elsewhere, in which case we could use Yahoo or Photobucket to host the pics.

5. Mark

Mark Active Member

Tug, go for it. I can here Tirpitz calling you... build meeee:) you know you'll regret it if you don't build it.

6. froggyfrenchman

Interesting.
    Here is my question.
    Can we post pictures here on this site, in such a way that we
    (96th scale folks) don't have to sift through all of the pictures from all of the groups to see what is going on in the
    96th scale group?
    Mikey

7. Tugboat

Well, lets see if this works. If it does, then you will see a picture of the Tugboat on his vacation to the USS North Carolina, defending the Showboat from a fierce GU-11 attack (supported by a squadron of B1-RDs!)

[​IMG]

8. Tugboat

Sweeeeeet! I used the procedure outlined in the photo section to post that pic here. It's pretty straightforward, so let's see some pics!!!!!!

9. froggyfrenchman

Tugboat
    Be more specific with the instructions for posting the pictures please.
    I have tried to post pictures twice, and can't figure it out.
    I think I was trying to post pictures to the main photo section on the rcnc site.
    Help.
    Mikey

10. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Ha Ha Ha! never know the north carolina had trash cans on the deck...

11. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Lol niether did I. I was doing that once but i got bored so i went after a flag poll with the ships main guns. It was the USS North Carolina

12. Tugboat

Well, where did you think trash went? If there's one thing the Navy is absolutely nuts about it's clean ships. The one in the background is post-service, though.

Hey Froggy! Where did you have the issue? It'll make it easier for me to be more specific :) Did you get photos uploaded to Photobucket?

13. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Well I think they would have garbe cans in the side of the ship not on the deck.

14. Tugboat

Ha-ha! The Navy has trash cans everywhere.

15. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Yea pretty much

16. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

God that thing weighs more that me!

17. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

What kind of guns would a heavy cruiser get Tuggy? That's my ONE complaint with 1/144 scale is that you can't really do much with cruisers...although with you guys all building big BBs, not sure that a CA would be overly viable in 1/96 scale either!

Mike D

18. Robert Clarke

Robert Clarke Member

The one saving grace of cruisers is that they should be faster than the Battleships.

19. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Crzyhawk,

Theres a copy of the new rules around here somewhere. If you go to www.battlestations.org you can see the old rules,basically the same as the new ones just a few areas tweaked.

The 1/96 format is basically the same as Big Gun.However we do use 1/32 balsa as the lowest armor.

The beauty of 1/96 is it allows all types of ships to be put into play.Everything from your 2000 ton DE to your monster Iowa can be built and have a role in the game.

At one time there were quite a few interested parties, however everybody was really waiting to see if a club actually got going before they would spend time/money on 1/96. Stuart B(now a AUSBG member)and Art in New Zealand actually had the first working ships a USS Gearing and USS Artemis(there webpage is still up)with a Shimakaze under construction. Mike Deskin is the first one stateside to build and have an almost operational boat.

Scott

20. Robert Clarke

Robert Clarke Member

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=342