what ship do you think

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by DeletedUser, Mar 21, 2008.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

what ship do you think is more sea worthy?
    (A)Yamoto
    (B)Bismark
    (C)USS south dakota
    (D)Nagato

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

they are all good ships, although I am not sure I would recommend any of them as a first ship.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

seconded.

4. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

yeah archer183 i was asking which ship is more sea worthy not which ship is a good starter ship

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

If I were going to war in any of the 4 options I would choose USS South Dakota.

6. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

AWWWWW you suck i would say any of the axis ships
    AXIS IS THE RULER OF THE SEA IF YOU GO TO NATS I WILL GET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. crzyhawk

I'm sure you will :)

8. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Anyone can pick what ship they like, thats what having, and making a choice is all about.

Telling someone they suck because they don't agree with you, will not earn you many friends, nor get you much help from the fellow you just called a name. [B)]

9. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

dude i was saying that because i love the axis ships and how they worked in WWII

10. crzyhawk

What do you mean by "how they worked"? With the exception of Bismarck blowing the Hood to kingdom come with a very lucky hit (then getting soft-killed by the un-completed Prince of Wales in the same battle) what did any of the big Axis surface ships really manage to accomplish? Japanese destroyers and cruisers had some success, but by the end of 1942 those days were over too.

The one thing we CAN say, is at least a lot of those big axis surface ships are still around. It was very thoughtful of the Allies to preserve them from the scrap yards by putting them on the bottom of the ocean ;)

11. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

the japanese had some pretty bad ships and you r right the bismark did blow the hood to kingdom come but they did do some awesome stuff
    so did the allied. Speaking of allied are you one of them? If you are i respect you.

12. crzyhawk

Yes, I am an Allied captain. I run a couple of WW1 British battlecruisers, they are in my signature. I'm looking for an Mogami class cruiser or a Kongo class battlecruiser eventually for those days when another Axis captain is needed to round out the numbers, but I prefer Allied ships.

13. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

POW wasn't the only ship involved in the final destruction of the Bismark. Indeed, HMS Rodney did far more damage with her 16" guns than POW did, although both British BB's took turns at pounding the snot out of "him".

14. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i know sucked like crap

15. crzyhawk

Actually PoW wasn't involved at all in the final destruction of Bismarck. What I was referring to was the hit by Prince of Wales at Denmark Straight in Bismarcks fuel tank. That put the Bismarck's fuel in such a state that she (I don't care what Capt Lindemann called her) was unable to proceed with her commerce raiding mission. I consider that a "soft-kill". Mission aborted, she ran for France.

King George V and Rodney were the ones who worked her over off the coast of France.

16. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

everybody knows that i was agreeing about the brits pounding the snot out of the bismarck to get avenge the hood

17. crzyhawk

I was just clarifying a historical fact that it was King George V and Rodney that fought the final action against Bismarck, not the Prince of Wales and Rodney. I wasn't commenting on your post at all.

18. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

My mistake, I did mean KGV not POW...I just get a bit puzzled over why people think Bismark was such a great ship, sure, it blew an elderly battlecruiser to bits with what is regarded as one of the luckiest shots in the war, but it eventually got nailed by a coupla old biplanes and pounded under by the RN. Not exactly a brilliant career.
    That, and there's always been a bias towards KGV over Rodney in the final battle. Some publications even omit the cruisers and other ships present at Bismarks demise. Perhaps the RN wanted better press for the newer KGV?

19. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

You know what they say you make one mistake lose big they remember that for ever not all the wins and great kills so there goes the Bismarck.
    Like I always say what comes round goes round one lucky shot deserves another .

20. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

the Prince of Wales wasnt she there whene the Hood took the Dive