what ship

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by DeletedUser, Jul 14, 2008.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

what ship do you reccomend for a first timer and justin can you delete my other post if you can

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Still von der tann, Cleveland or Des Moines.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Dude, you have executed more electrons (without a fair trial) over this question... gotten advice every time, and still keep asking it over and over... Everyone's advice is still the same. If you don't like what you're hearing, just go ahead and build whatever strikes your fancy.

4. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

5. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

Based upon what I've seen/know, I still think that Von der Tann would fit the bill for what you are looking for (German ship, easy initial build, big enough but not too big, room to grow, decent combat performance, readily available, etc.). Destroyers would probably become too costly for you to be able to fully fit-out and and need more development to be reasonably buildable by most persons without prior experience in model warship combat and/or ship model building. I would have no relucance with giving you the Orfey Class hull that I'm currently working on once it's built-up to the point of being ready to be outfitted with gear; however, I believe that it would be both too costly for you to afford the sub-miniature gear necessary to operate the ship and I doubt that it would be possible to equip her in a manner compliant with fast gun rules, hence my recommendation of going with a kit from Battlers Connection such as the Von der Tann.

6. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Cleveland AHHHHHHH BooMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM [xx(]

7. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I agree with Tugboat!
    Build whatever ship you like.
    We are only pointing out the pit falls.