What to do with batteries

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by radollar2000, Jan 31, 2009.

1. radollar2000

radollar2000 Active Member

Okay so I bought a bunch of NiMH sub C 3.3 AH batteries only to find out that opps wrong ones. So the question is what do to with these? I soldered 10 of them together in two packs of 5 and another 15 untouched. I have no idea what to do with them. Anybody got suggestions? Other wise I'm just gonna sell them.

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

They are good cruiser batteries for the IRC or MWC.

3. radollar2000

radollar2000 Active Member

I was told that they didn't have enough juice to support my USS Des Moines for very long, and I don't feel like soldering together three 5 packs in parallel just to get my boat going.

4. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

I run a SLA battery in my Des Moines. It is a 6 volt 12 amp hour battery. Only one is needed for a Des Moines and it almost has enough juice to run two sorties, but just change it out each sortie since a cruiser can.

As for the Batteries you have why not trie them out and see what happens. Or maybe sell them off to a Cruiser captain who can use them?

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Thats what I run in my USS Salem as well...6v 12ah SLA. They also have the advantage of being relatively cheap.

6. MWC13

MWC13 Member

Sounds good to me. Just run two 5-cell (6v) 3300mAh packs in parallel. That way you'll keep the 6v system throughout but you'll have 6600mAh of capacity. Since you have 15 untouched batteries, just make up three more 5-cell packs and use two per sortie. 6600mAH is plenty for a cruiser...even a big cruiser. I ran two sorties at Nats in an Invincible with a single 6v 7Ah gel cell so it's easily possible.