what type of motor control?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2007.

1. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

The shipping I pay is probably more than you would, as I'm in Australia..It's still far cheaper for me to import direct than to purchase locally, and I can specify exactly which controller I need. Buying locally means you take your chances that the model you need is in stock, and pay premium prices.

2. cosworth

cosworth Member

I have always used the MTonics speed controller and burnt one out due to incorrect installation and one just gave up.I contacted them in the UK and there was a bad batch sent out,but they assured me that the latest ones now have some sort of breaker system built in to stop burnouts I have one in my North Carolina and it sat under water for about 30 mins before recovery and the controller still works fine, so it could be just a game of chance you play with anything electrical.

3. wrenow

wrenow RIP

The Polk Hobbies 100A ESC is on sale for $20 again! https://64.19.190.52/polks/itemdesc.asp?CartId={D7766EVERESTB24-4D49-461E-996D-17681F938785}&ic=PLK00100&eq=&Tp=

Warning - 3 issues:

* Reverse is limited to 10 sec. (not a problem for Big Gun, but may be for others)
    * It is NOT waterproof. However, it is easy to take apart and Skotchkote (the two boards come apart - you can then spread skotchkote on both boards, then snap back together and coat the connector - using Skotchkote instead of epoxy allows you to still access the set button).
    * If you Skotchkote it, do NOT expect them to repair it.

Just thought you would want to know they were on sale again.

Merry Christmas,