What's for sale????

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am ashore in PEI and have a friend who is VERY interrested in the hobby and wants in. We are going to Great Hobbies today so he can buy a radio. Does anyone have any completed models for sale? He isn't too sure what he wants, (although he is leaning towards a Graf Spee). Please let me know here, Thanks,
    J

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Jay,
    HMS Black Prince is for sale. It's in a heavy wooden cradle so I prefer to sell it locally - it would need a wooden shipping crate and I don't have time to build one.
    It's built from the first Duke of Edinburgh Class WWI armored cruiser hull from my mold. I sold it incomplete to Rob Helliwell several years ago, after deciding to modify the same type of hull into the longer and more powerful HMS Minotaur. Bought it back last summer and converted it to Treaty specs. (easily converted back to IRCWCC). It's seen little use since completion but was effective in combat and operated in a squadron with Minotaur several times.
    I have several hulls for sale: 2 HMAS/HMS Albatross hulls, 1 HMS Rodney hull with fiberglass deck and complete set of 9 turrets, 1 Russian CL Krasni Krim hull, 1 HMS Indefatgiable hull, 1 HMS Courageous hull, 1 HMS Vanguard hull already cut out with fiberglass deck and Grey Wolf main turrets.
    Bob

3. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi,
    I can sell either the Konig or the Tirpitz.
    The Konig needs two guns to be reassembled, but other wise ready to go.
    The Tirpitz is complete, but hasn't been speed tested - so I don't know if it is fast enough.
    I would prefer to keep my CO2 bottle.

4. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

3.5 oz bottles? any ideas? need one for Mogami?

5. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

BDE has a supply of 3.5 oz bottles (without valves). Can you get the valves up there?
    If not, then I can see if the local paintball shop has valves, and could have them assembled.
    Mikey

6. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

wat about a graf spee with just about everything u need to build it. It has windows cut, motor installed, rudders in, and would come with guns, batteries (with charger), the rest of the hardware kit, a pump, some scale details w/ an Superstructure and then some. Interested?

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

selling your boat Boomer?

8. BoomerBoy17

thinking about it, i want to get into Battlestations 1/96th. HMS Tiger.

9. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

graf spee? Thats one of the things i need the bottle for.

10. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

does BC not sell 3.5 ounce bottles anymore?

11. BoomerBoy17

they do, but theyre more expensive then other venues.

12. Jay Jennings

Boomer, I will ask Terry about it. The batteries you can keep since I don't think they can be shipped across the border. Message me the price you are looking for and I'll ask him.
    J

13. crzyhawk

You should get him into a Tone!

14. BoomerBoy17

well, there is some work done, but most of the pieces are untouched.
    Here is a list of what i have:
    -hull with plans (windows cut, most of the deck/subdeck installed)
    -deck panels with barbettes installed
    -a superstructure and several detail parts (AA guns, 2ndary guns, torpedoes)
    -2 standard servos, and 2 low profile servos
    -3.5 oz CO2 bottle and an on/off valve for that bottle.
    - triple guns (kit from BC)
    -hardware kit from BC
    -pump with .5 unit restrictor
    -5 channel spektrum radio (5DXe)
    -Batteries with charger (if they can be shipped)

work done includes: subdeck + deck assembly mostly installed, with panels
    -prop shafts and props in (and greased) with a motor mount for the 500 motor running a 1 to 2 gearbox.
    -rudder in
    -windows cut

Now the price changes if he wants the radio, and if i can ship the batteries, but without either, it would go for about $650, and $800 with the batteries and the radio.
    All of this will have to wait until i return from my vacation, which starts thursday, but up until then i am availble to talk about this.
    Thanks
    *EDIT: shipping will also be factored into the price*

15. BoomerBoy17

""Dry" batteries, such as alkaline, nickel metal hydride, nickel cadmium, and carbon zinc, generally are recognized as being excepted from the U.S. and international hazardous materials regulations provided they are packaged in a manner that prevents the generation of a dangerous quantity of heat and short circuits.

There is no official definition of what constitutes a "dry" battery. However, the U.S. DOT has issued numerous interpretation letters over the years that clearly recognize nickel metal hydride and nickel cadmium batteries as "dry" batteries. (See http://hazmat.dot.gov/regs/rules.htm.) Therefore, the overriding provisions that govern shipments of dry batteries are Special Provision 130 and 49 CFR 173.21(c) in the U.S. hazardous materials regulations. Any person that offers dry batteries or products containing dry batteries to a carrier that does not comply with Special Provisions 130 or 49 CFR 173.21(c) may be subject to civil penalties."

from: http://www.prba.org/publications/batteries_in_transport_-_shipping_batteries_safely/Default.ashx
    i think they can be shipped.

16. Jay Jennings

Boomer, what kind of batteries do you have, I assumed sealed lead/acid, which are not mailable (is that a word?) He doesn't need the radio, but may want it for a spare. I will let him know.

Mike, I thought of that and mentioned it, but he likes the Deuchland class. When he see the cool line and awesomeness of the hull, he may change his mind.
    J

17. crzyhawk

Yeah. There's a picture out there of the Chikuma that really gets me. It's moving at high speed toward the camera, and has a bow wave that looks like it actually gets higher then the undulating deck. All 8 guns are turned out to the side and a bit ahead. It's just an awesome picture.

I'm also planning on proposing a rule change this winter to change the wording of the all forward mounted gun ship rule. Right now, it says that ships in class 4-7 with all forward mounted armament may arm a single secondary as a stern gun. I plan to propose deleting the "class 4-7" clause because it doesnt make sense to me. It's just the man keeping down the Tone, Oyodo and Mogami with flight deck.

I'm an Allied captain at heart, but I dig Japanese ships. I'm pretty sick of the German stuff, it's over built imo.

18. BoomerBoy17

i knew that SLA batteries are not mailable, but from my previous post, dry batteries are much easier to transport, and Nimh batteries are considered dry batteries. thus they should be mailable. And Jay, im leaving tomorrow afternoon and wont be back until the second, so if i dont reply to any posts, ill get back to you when i get back.

19. Jay Jennings

Do you think you could post that pic, I would like to see it.
    No worries Boomer, he is leaving this week as well and won't be back until Sept. I take it you have NiCads for the boat then? I guess I shouldn't assume then.
    J

20. crzyhawk

here's the link to the Wikipedia image

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HIJMS_Chikuma.jpg

tell me that doesn't just look awesome?

I think he is saying he has NiHM type batteries for it.