What's for sale????

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Bryan

Bryan Member

So Bob how much will minotaur be (3.5 unit correct, with or without radio)??

You can e-mail me

CRAIG.......if your watching........SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHhh:laugh:

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Bryan,
    I haven't decided to part with it yet but will make up my mind after the end of this year's battling. I'm still going to NB every weekend getting the cottage prepped for raising 5' in October. By mid-October I should have time to pack and ship two of the three models you bought. Hope to have the Black Prince en route by early November and by then will have decided about the Minotaur.
    Bob

3. Bryan

Bryan Member

Good enough for me, good luck with the cottage raising, I know what type of a headache that can be, we did it to a older mobile home (double) and made a full story under it, it was quite the process, looking back I would get in a crane but we did it with jacking, but it still is lots of work to get it ready to lift and strong enough, I wish you well and good luck!

Whenever you decide, let me know, no rush, I am using Bismarck and Hindenburg till the end of the season here, (Coming fast) and will not run the new boats till the spring, and I have way too many projects to do this winter also.o_O

Bryan

4. hi_my_name_is...

hi_my_name_is... New Member

im very new to ths and i was wondering if i could buy a completed boat for about $100-$150 tell me about any thing that i could buy

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt you will find a completed boat for that amount of money. Generally a fiberglass hull runs from $100 to $150. A used boat will probably run between $500 to $800. And that is without a radio system.

6. hi_my_name_is...

hi_my_name_is... New Member

when i was at the hobby show at sheerwater a guy said i could buy a boat for about that much

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt you will find a completed boat for that amount of money. Generally a fiberglass hull runs from $100 to $150. A used boat will probably run between $500 to $800. And that is without a radio system.

8. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The only model you could build new for under $300 would be an unarmed cargo ship (i.e. a target for convoy battles). Consider that a radio system will be $100+ for a simple 2-channel (rudder and throttle), U.S. made convoy ship hulls start at $110 + shipping for a Liberty Ship (freighter), and you'll need a motor, rudder kit, prop shaft', prop (minimum $50 for those items), balsa, silkspan, glue, doping fluid, paint and whatever materials you buy for the decks and superstructure.
    The cheapest non-combat fiberglass hull I sell is the WWII Aussie seaplane carrier/Royal Navy fleet repair ship HMAS Albatross. It's of similar size to a Liberty Ship but the price is only $80.
    The Albatross can also be battled as a Class 1 ship with a single BB cannon and would need a bilge pump for damage control. To add a bilge pump, BB cannon, CO2 valves, pressure fittings and hose, a CO2 regulator, CO2 bottle, a more expensive radio system to operate the gun and bilge pump, you're talking another $300 - $350+. That's why you'll never get a working, reliable, used combat model for $100 - $150.
    I have sold Class 1 monitor HMS Gorgon in fine working order (and bought it back) for $350, and recently sold Class 1 HMCS Prince Robert for the same price. Two months ago I sold a Class 3 armoured cruiser (HMS Black Prince) for $550, but all needed a radio transmitter and receiver for completion. If the radio items had been included the prices would have been $150+ higher.
    Bob

9. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

the money talked about at the show was for a used boat not a finished boat, I had the Mogami and the cargo ship there and that was the price for a new member, but for the boat as is not completed