What's in your spares box?

Discussion in 'General' started by Beaver, May 19, 2018.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

I thought it might be a neat idea if us battlers showed what components we have sitting in our spare boxes. This might give newbies an idea of what they need to be looking into when ordering parts for their boats and what to get spares of. I know this was a big unknown for me when I started.
    Over the few years I've been battling I've developed my spare box into a pretty small unit and (thankfully) haven't had to reach into it very often. Every time I have though, I always had what I needed so that's good.
    Anyway, here is my box. It's a small, two-sided tackle box and it hold most of the spare parts I take with me to battles. Also, this kit is built for my two operational ships right now, King Edward VII and the Tromp which are both brushless drive so that's why all the brushless esc's.
    Side One - Spare ESC's and other electrical components
    _DSC0827.JPG

Side Two - Driveline and other mechanical stuff
    _DSC0828.JPG

I took everything out and labeled it so you can see exactly what I carry.

Side One -
    Spares.jpg
    Side Two -
    Spares2.jpg

Hopefully this might help somebody out when it comes to setting up a spare box. So far this has kept me going pretty well. Now, this isn't all the spare gear I carry with me, but it is the majority of it and covers most of the common failure points in my ships. Hopefully we can get a few more people to share their spares so we can get a little variety. :)

-

Panzer likes this.
  2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I could build a whole new ship with the spares I carry.
    If you have one on your ship there should be at least one in your box.
    Some thing you need more than one.

3. Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler Well-Known Member

Another question I propose "what's in your tool box?". Having recently become a owner what items should be in the tool box from a seasoned professional stand point?

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Spare box: drive and receiver batteries, receiver, multiple motors and Rivabo brass props, 2 Camurati bilge pumps, a large BC bilge pump, pump outlets, tool-dipped servos on modular brass mounts that bolt into the models, servo and rudder arms, bottles of dope and thinner, spare Palmer RtB regulator and 32gm CO2 capsules, large Palmer regulator, spare 3.5 oz bottle, multiple BB cannon parts.