What's on the go?

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by HMCS, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Excellent, are you going to be at the show on Sunday too. If you are, can you bring in an ESC, we can do a couple of trails on it.
    J

2. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

I'll be there tomorrow with the Sangamon and Z-boat kit, I'll be there 9ish till 4 tomorrow so will see about Sunday. I need to pick up some connectors either at the show if any vendors have them or stop into one of the hobby stores.I removed the throttle servo in Little Rock today in preparation for the ESC, while I was at it I took out my old wiring as it used the cheap radio shack spade type connectors and I want to put in some Dean's Ultra or large Tamiya, probably Tamiya just because that is what the ESC has for input as well as my nimh battery packs.I also took out my battery tray and have to fabricate a new one, my new packs are 6 rather then 5 cell and don't fit.

3. Jay Jennings

Excellent, all of those connectors are at Maritime Hobbies. Hopefully see you Sunday.
    J

4. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hey Jay, I'll be down tomorrow for sure. I have to pick up Sangamon as well as New Jersey.....yes New Jersey, John and I did a trade, he is now the owner of a BC Z Class DD ship kit and I am the owner of New Jersey(soon to be renamed Wisconsin).

I'll bring one of the ESC's with me, although Sangamon doesn't have any motors so we may have to use another boat for testing, it comes stock with just the 1 motor bullet connectors and I haven't got a Y harness yet for two motor hookup. I'll bring one of my battery packs that way I know we'll have a Tamiya to Tamiya hook up. I also haven't removed the BEC wire yet as I haven't decided wether to still run a seperate receiver battery or not.

5. Jay Jennings

We can hook it into Scharnhorst, he's already wired up.
    J

6. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Please keep IRC Nats in mind! We would love to see some Canadians at our Nationals! I also hope to someday make it back up for one of your CAN-NATS again!

Marty Hayes
    Captain of the VU, Warspite, and now NC

7. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi Marty,

I have heard that a few guys up here are planning on attending NATS in R.I, I myself am planning on it as well, just hard for a 100% yes until it gets a little closer, I work on a offshore oil/gas supply/anchor handling vessel, as of right now with the 28 on/off Canadian waters schedule I will be off and able to come, but we are at the mercy of the oil/gas companies that charter the boats so something could change.

When is the deadline for registration and fee payment?

8. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hey Jay will you have Scharnhorst's TX there? or should I bring a TX/RX with me?