What's the current status of AOS??

Discussion in 'Age of Sail' started by Ironbeard, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Ironbeard

Ironbeard Active Member

Curious of what the CURRENT status is of this particular aspect of the hobby? Is anyone actually on the water? Building? Battling? Planning? Dreaming?Anything?

I'm impatient to get finally some sawdust flying myself. Moved to Northern Cal six months back and have been buried between, moving, unpacking, setting up and working on our new place and just getting everything sorted out. Just finished getting solar in and now the next big project in line is a workshop!! :rolleyes::woot:

To that end I've been reading everything I can find on building and sailing one of these AOS rigs and of course watching what ya'll are doing here.....and Jonesing to get started on one of my own. So many ships to choose from!!

So where are we on the rules, building and battling?o_O

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Le Requin has sailed but not armed to date while awaiting someone else to float a ship. :)

3. Ironbeard

Ironbeard Active Member

Any updates? Is there anyone else out there considering this style?

4. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Have considered it, but it will be a while before I have a place to build again. Looks really cool though.

5. Wmemlo

Wmemlo Member

I have plans to work on a ship, but my Bismarck has to be finished/ battle ready before I'm going to allow myself to lay down a hull. a

6. captainponderous

captainponderous New Member

Frigate and sloop sailing this week. The shipyard has been underhanded and I believe I will have to reconfigure the gunnery so as to only have two guns per ship - but now with the extra room I will fully commit to a weighted gimbal for self levelling.

7. mike5334

Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)

It will be nice to see another ship on the water. To date, only one has sailed.

8. captainponderous

captainponderous New Member

Unhappy sail day. Wind was gale force. Snapped my mizzen and main servo right out of its albeit Micky Mouse harness. I can't figure out how to get a video on here. But if you youtube search: thetclarkest sail fail... The video is embarrassing as I've sailed successfully many summer days previous. But for those who want to discuss and learn...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

If you paste the youtube video link the forum should autoembed it

10. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I currently have two Constitution kits on my shelf awaiting assembly. But first, I have to get back from my current overseas deployment, finish my Scharnhorst, and trade it for something more manageable. Expect to see a "for sale or trade" sign on the forums in a few months...

11. mike5334

Props for the removable keel. Very handy to display the boat on shore during those very windy days. :)