Where are we on the Steampunk Flotilla?

Discussion in 'Steampunk Flotilla' started by Ironbeard, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Ironbeard

Ironbeard Active Member

Just reading through the various threads and was wondering what the status was on this idea? What plans are available? Have any keels been laid down? Builds underway? Ideas? Problems? Has anyone managed any sea trials yet? Where about's are the crazy folks that are thinking about and or engaged in building one of these ships located? Any get togethers yet?

I haven't been much in attendance here lately as we've been behind the power curve dealing with family issues, both of my Dear Wife's folks passed away within three weeks of each other and we're still dealing with the aftermath of that double event as well as probate, property and estate issues six months later....but I will build one of these ships just as soon as the dust settles. I'm slooooowly working on a Big Gun Italian Roma Battleship and gathering up plans, information and materials for building some sort of Steampunked Pre-Dreadnaught. Oh....and we'll most likely be moving in the next six months or so. Geee what fun.

The bitter sweet good news is that I inherited my FIL's extensive wood shop which also included a nice older metal lathe....can anyone one say GUNS! I have J.C. White's original plans and notes from my days as one of the original members of SCBG and I assisted J.C. putting a good number of our guns together back then so I have a fairly good idea of how and what to do, plus a few ideas of my own.

So what is the current status of this insanely beautiful idea?

Ironbeard

2. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Still waiting on some in water testing. There's been several AC's and one BB laid down so far but no feedback... :(

3. Ironbeard

Ironbeard Active Member

Well, I guess I better get off my arse and get busy on one.....hmmmmm

Is there anyone else out here on the Left Coast in the L.A./Orange county area?