Where are you getting brass fittings?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by JustinScott, Jun 11, 2023.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Can you guys share some links for the pneumatics stuff you are using?

I need some parts and the only two providers I’ve used are battlers & Clippard directly (which from memory was a PITA & slow).

I need fittings, splitters, and solenoids for sure; and maybe more tube & expansion tanks.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Haven't ordered any in a while and don't have the part numbers but the brass barbed fitting, 1/8", & 1/4" CO2 hose from McMaster-Carr is identical to the Clippard stuff as far as I can tell. Not sure about push to connect and "hard" tube, forgot where I got that but I'd check mcmaster while you're there or possibly some of the paintball supply sites. Expansion tanks you should probably just get some copper pipe/caps at your local home improvement store and solder up your own, it takes almost no time, you can make them whatever size fits, and save a few bucks.

3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Now, some of what I use is a bit different because of my experiences with different stuff in different applications, so take what I'm going to suggest under consideration but not as gospel.

Rigid/Hard tubing, almost impossible to rupture, won't be flexible for easy deck removal etc. Good for running through the hull to a designated flex hose to go up to deck. Or for running along deck if you have deck mounted solenoids, and then flex tube from solenoid to gun. For this application I use any 1/4 OD DOT spec air brake line, I have a few rolls of this stuff from amazon and have used it for actual air brake systems in addition to boats:

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074KD1DCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soft hose I havent restocked in a while, but if I did I'd probably check out what @SnipeHunter recommended. I like to watch eBay for partially used spools of the clippard hose, or similar hospital/etc surplus stuff. Sometimes you can get 700+ ft on a partially used 1000ft spool for a lot less than the per ft price of a smaller quantity. Thats why I havent restocked in a while.

Fittings/Tees/Etc: I have entirely converted to push connect fittings where possible. PTC fittings work on soft clippard hose just as well as they work on rigid air brake tubing. I use these guys:

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PHZGK3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSLDDBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F4ZQKJT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Solenoids I would recommend Spartan Scientific. I havent ordered from them in a while, I think there is a minimum but a bunch of the guys normally get together and order. I also like to watch ebay for surplus stuff in this department as well. I havent needed solenoids because a few years back I ordered about 40 of them (3/32 orifice, 12v, peterpaul brand, cnc aluminum bodies, nice units) ebay surplus and am just now starting to use that supply in boats.

Expansion tanks I'm lazy and used to buy them from clippard. Clippard sold off their pneumatic/air cylinder operation to a new crew, so I'd probably check with them to continue being lazy. Or just solder your own out of copper pipe.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  4. JustinScott

Thanks guys. These links are very helpful.

where do you get fittings like these?

IMG_0560.jpeg IMG_0559.jpeg

5. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Amazon, clippard, etc.

I dont use barb fittings as stated above. I use push connect to npt fittings. You can get 1/8 npt to 1/8 barb on amazon. You'll have to wait for someone else to answer where to find those tiny 1/16 barbs.

6. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

1/16 barbs can easily be found on ebay.

7. JustinScott

Thanks guys! I got what I needed ordered!!