Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Captains,
    There hasn't been much activity on the NABS and NATCF forums lately. Scott's still in the North Sea but most members have been 'incommunicado'. There are only 4-6 more weeks before the weather gets too cold for comfortable battling. Anyone interested in a battle on Labour Day? I'm on call this weekend so can only battle at the old site or somewhere else within 20 minutes of Burnside.
    Bob

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I too have been wondering the same thing Bob, Chris O and myself have been trying to put together a battle on the 19th of sept in fredericton. If any of the NATCF or NABS members are interested in coming all are welcome. We would like to get one more battle in this year.I may be in Halifax the first week in Oct, I may bring a my new ship if all works out.

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

We have company from Ireland coming this weekend, but I may be able to work something out. On which day were you thinking Bob? Personally the Monday is the only day I could get out (we will be spending the weekend cleaning and preparing and cleaning and getting ready and cleaning (you know how women are!))
    I am pretty sure Paul works most Sundays, if we could shift the day to Sat. maybe he could come out.
    J

4. Bob Pottle

Hi Chris,
    Hope you can make it in October.
    Jay,
    Monday is the only day I'll be able to battle this weekend. Looks like most of Sept. and Oct. will be a write-off for me. We're raising the cottage 4 feet to keep it clear of spring floods (until the rising sea level catches up with us :eek:), so I'll be in NB most weekends until early November.
    I'm getting rid of some hulls and ships and negotiating a deal for several to go to Ontario. I think only the Gorgon will be left in a few weeks. That'll free up much needed space for new ships: Ibuki, Rodney or Vanguard, and possibly Renown.
    Bob

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Sundays are a killer for me. Working 10 hr shifts is not all that appealing when trying to trade it for something later in the day.

6. Jay Jennings

I think playing on the Monday will work. Is there anything going on at the Grove this weekend? I would think there is but don' t know for sure. Lets not make it too early, our friends arrive at 6 pm on Sunday night. Steve Crane is in, me too, Terry might be able make it, he is duty on the Cornerbrook on Sunday. I'll let Dave know too. just need to know when and where.
    J

7. Bob Pottle

I won't be able to battle tomorrow. Too busy with on-call work at the hospital (because of the long weekend) and unplanned exterior house maintenance. I saw Rob last night and he might be able to attend. Have a good time!
    Bob

8. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi guys, crew change ran a bit late, I'm at the airport in St John's now,waiting for my flight to Halifax, the boat is done with Husky for now and is coming back over to work for Encana on the Deep Panuke Project so no more of this flying around. When is the next battle? If not soon is anybody getting together to work on boats?

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Hopefully soon we will be out battling again. for me the downside is my sunday work schedule.

10. Chris Easterbrook

What about a change to a sat battle would that work for more people?

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It would for me. At this time of year there should be no worries about swimmers.

12. Jay Jennings

Well, I am going out this Saturday, anyone else want to come out? If the Grove is not being used, we could go there. Paul, can you check out if anything is happening at the Grove? John will be there and probably Steve C as well. Time TBP.
    J

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I will be there on saturday. Let me charge some batteries and I will be good to go.

14. Jay Jennings

Good, do you think the Grove will be available?
    J

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I can't see a problem with it. There should be no swimmers as the water will be too cool to swim in.

16. Jay Jennings

Again, good. Just bring a wetsuit so you don't get too cold retrieving your Allied scow!!! (OOPS, sorry, wrong thread again ;), I just can't help myself!!!!!:):):)
    J

17. Chris Easterbrook

Jay Pauls boat is Axis

18. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The Allied scow is sitting on the shelf. But the PE will gladly empty her magazines into your balsa for you.

19. Jay Jennings

Not true Chris, Paul swings both ways!!!
    J

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

You mean left and right as compared to the scharny's one direction of down like a submarine. The main batteries are charged. I now have the transmitter and receiver on charge. Will there be any gas for tommorow?