White litium grease

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Windrider0275, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

I am looking for a new lubricant for my stuffing tubes and was wondering if white litum grease is the answer. Is it widely used and if so, what is the best, and easiest to apply? The pros and cons?
    thanks,
    Steve

2. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

i use white litum grease in spray can and from the can/jar have had no problems.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the stuff to use. Works great in my ships :)

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I use the grey lithium but would use the white if that's what I had on the shelf. It works good and there is no way not to get it all over when applying (at least all over me) Afterward, run your motors for a few minutes until they settle in and smooth out in pitch. It always amazes me how quiet they are after a week of battling. It will also indicate other problems in the drivetrain if you have them.

5. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

Is the thickness of lithium grease like an oil or a thicker grease? And what other problems would it identify Iceman?

thanks,

Steve

6. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

It is a thinner grease. It's not like a oil. It will indentify binding gears, shafts bent, mis-aligned dogbones, ect. The grease won't identify that, running the props will, plus the bearings will seat a bit and have less drag on the motors

7. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

Thanks.

Steve