Found! Who sells the best guns

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by ZARUBA1987, Nov 9, 2018.

1. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

I built my guns for my first ship. They work are okay. But I’m thinking of buying a set. Anyone with suggestions?

2. ZARUBA1987

I seen that strike is selling cannon kits for cheap. Guess problem solved

3. Sethie

Sethie Member

I may be wrong, but I dont see where strike is still selling guns. Battlers connection has fast guns if that's what your looking for.

4. ZARUBA1987

He posted on the yahoo group the other day about gun parts and hulls. Sounds like he packing up to storage for the long haul kinda like a last call

5. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

If you get Strike guns, I'd suggest asking for them unassembled. Barring that, when you get them, undo the soldering on the neck and mag tube where they meet the piston housing and replace these with compression fittings. On top of that, Strike uses plastic pistons. these will work, but you need to do a bit more maintenance to keep them firing properly, such as deburring periodically and cutting down the air tubes that are in the interior of the piston cap. the 1/16 air tubes will burr up the piston a bit if you don't. it's not going to kill the gun leaving the air tubes as you got them, but from what I have seen in my guns, the piston does lose material as time goes on. Bottom line, I've done a lot of work to mod my strike guns, and am switching my pistons to metal as soon as practicable.

Strike's steel barrels are pretty tough, btw. I've burned out cutting wheels and drill bits on them

6. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Or you could just go with tried and true Battlers Connection guns and forget all the fuss...:whistling:

ZARUBA1987 likes this.
  7. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

you could indeed. though I'd still add compression fittings if they weren't already there.

8. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

You can ask Battlers Connection to not solder the magazine to the "T"! Wish that was the default but it is not.

Anvil_x likes this.
  9. smorgret

smorgret Vendor

My parts kit is just that, a kit of parts. they are not being sent assembled. The kits come with the solenoids and fittings. Extra parts are available and inexpensive for pistons, springs, and solenoid actuators. Each gun kit with the solenoid is less than just a BC solenoid. The kit does not come with all the parts, but most of it.

Yes, this is kind of a last call. I finished a big test late last month and am now packing everything up.

Stephen Morgret
    Strike Models