Who's Independent?

Discussion in 'Independents' started by JohnmCA72, Oct 11, 2007.

1. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Really! Next thing you know, he'll be letting other people SHOOT at it or something!

JM

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Nope I never lost a ship. I generally sail my models well beyond the range of 100ft. I usually cruise them where you need an eagle eye or binoculars to see it. I never had a model sink from heavy swells. Came close a couple of times. I sailed a Japanese Heavy Cruiser "AOBA" in Victoria British Columbia back in 1992, I was on one side of the harbour and I sailed the Aoba to the other side nearly a mile away. I had a friend watch it through binoculars to let me know I wasn't sailing it in reverse. I couldn't see it. I sailed it back across the harbour where it encountered the BC FERRY, A single engine Float plane and a small speed boat and a small tour boat. The model made it back safely but the "RAM" BILGE pump was on and very weak, the model was in large swells as the tide was coming in and it was listing. I was able to get it to reach the shore half full of water. The model was nearly sunk but I had it sunk before but the 3 small watertight boxes gave enough buoyance so that I could run it like a submarine with the mast protruding above the surface. The model was salt encrusted.

3. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hey Curt what ships are you bringing over when you come to NB?

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Don't know yet.

5. Chris Easterbrook

The allies are a little thin as Paul,Steve Hill and Chuck are allied. With one Joy, that can swing both ways. We really need allied ships, maybe KGV will be ready?

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Not likely. I won't have the time to put together an allie ship in time. I may have to flag Yamato as an Allie ship.

7. Chris Easterbrook

Yeah it looks like a flag battle will be in stroe for this year.

8. CPT. Jr

CPT. Jr Member

Im in wisconsin, ships are currently in desighn fase, wating to finnish secret project mark XX and to realease it onto the market to fund my fleet. Big gun is what i want to do.

9. BronxFireGuy

BronxFireGuy New Member

I'm on Long Island, just sent for Bob's How to DVD and am currently looking at ships trying to decide the bet route for me. (I'm sure I'll have a better idea after I watch the DVD) Other than that, just surfing through all the pages trying to see if anyone is local. Saw a couple a few hours upstate, if anyone knows of anyone on Long Island I would love to check out your ships!

10. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Carl Camurati lives in Queens, Maybe you could see his navy of boats. He is IRCWCC "fast gun". We also have members in NJ.

11. RiverRaider

RiverRaider Member

Hello,
    What part of WI are you from? As far a clubs go Port Polar Bear is a great group of small gun (MWCI) and is the largest and most active in WI/MN area. I don't know any 1/144 big gun guys in WI but if you want to shoot 1/4" and 3/16" rounds have you considered big ship combat? The Mississippi River Battle Squadron (1/72 scale Queens Own Style)is in western Wisconsin.
    River Raider

12. subcaptian

subcaptian New Member

Well, I'm in Alaska, currently trying to find plans for a Bismarck or a Surcouf. Anyone who lives up here, feel free to shout out!