World of Warships

Discussion in 'Propaganda' started by irnuke, Apr 13, 2014.

1. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

You would need to load Windows onto the Mac in a virtual platform like Parallels. Sounds like a lot of effort and graphic performance may not be all that.

2. BigGunJeff

BigGunJeff Well-Known Member

I've tried virtual machine and it doesn't run well at all. Better to create a Bootcamp partition so you can run windows natively. I do that on a Macbook Pro and it works great

3. SteveT44

Or better yet, forget the Mac and get a PC.

NickMyers likes this.
  4. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

The wine wrapper I've seen people use gets decent performance, though not as good as native obviously. The problem being it doesn't work on all macs as the logon screen shows up black. I will check tonight and see if an updated version has been posted.

5. SteveT44

Never got the allure of Mac's. Damned toys IMO. Every one my department supports at work is running Windows on top of it to make it productive.

6. absolutek

It runs all the programmes I need it to without windows.

7. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

so far in a Wickes US DD ... and a Myogi IJN 'BB' ... got my free day of premium at the end of my days off... so it got wasted :(

the kawachi grind was REAL .. lol ... basically had to run in and brawl/bullet sponge to get anywhere with it

8. absolutek

Just got the latest wrapper from code weavers who are porting world of warships for wargaming. Will try it out tonight and let you know how it goes @Bob Pottle

9. absolutek

Tried out the World of Warships Mac OS wine wrapper from CodeWeavers, and it works fairly well. It did crash a few times while updating, and when exiting the program, but otherwise performance was quite good considering I had most of the graphics settings turned up to high (mind you, I do have a fairly beefy version of the iMac). Anybody that wants to try out the game on their mac just email ports@codeweavers.com and ask for the World of Warships mac wrapper.

10. SteveT44

Just got the NC. So far, not so enamored with it. Not as effective out the gate as my previous US BB's. Also, very expensive to repair and upgrade. Have to keep running the Warspite to pay for the NC repair bills!

11. SteveT44

Sounds like a simple solution. Load in an application (and version) specific backward engineered version of Windows running as an overlay on top of Apple's Linux derivative! ;)

12. absolutek

Would be more correct to say backward engineered version of the windows runtime on apples version of BSD. At any rate a stable Mac version will be on the way eventually.

13. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

still plotting along in my US DD and attempting to get through the myogi to the IJN CV.

although I've discovered I really like running the german cruisers thus far, doesn't surprise me though I tend to be large DD/Cruiser at heart :D

14. SteveT44

Just sold the NC because it's a total POS and a consistent money loser. Concentrating on DD's and CA's. Capping the US bb line at the CO for now.

15. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Out of the ships currently in Port Mangus, I still enjoy the cruisers the most. I have a Myogi but do not enjoy it as much mostly due to those darn destroyers and long long reload times. The funnest BB has been the Kawachi. :)

16. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

I love my Torpitz.

17. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

so... who's got/going after the Emden ... and the ARS NOVA anime boats?

I've been away from the game for the whole holiday season... so I'm playing catch up on all the specialty offered boats

18. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Just got this game, it looks good so far, but I am still in T1 boats. lol. Been playing WOT on the Xbox 360 for almost a year now, very into that game.

19. SteveT44

Yeah, the Kawachi can be a challenge. Not much a cruiser man. I'm a BB man through and through though I've been working the Ruski DD line (basically tiny cruisers). Love my Warspite with a 56% win rate on that one. Worked the US BB line up to the NC then sold that POS. Also working the Japanese BB's and currently up to the Kongo. Overall win rate 53% currently.

20. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

I'm liking my Torpitz. Yeah, yeah... "Tirpitz". But it's got TORPS