WTS: 1/144 and 1/96 scale hulls

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by dietzer, Mar 3, 2008.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That's odd that their bouncing back. It's stokesc@nf.sympatico.ca. I don't know try again. I've been getting my email from others in the U.S.

I got my cheque today but I was shortchanged(%$##%^^&^) I got to pass on this one(%$^^5$) Sorry. I've been looking for a Sub like this the past year. Go ahead and sell it .

Curt

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Mark,

I've sent you a couple of emails thru the message board, but haven't heard back from you. Are you still interested in the 1/96 scale hulls (including the Balao hull kit)?

If not, please let me know, as I've another party interested in the Artemis and Liberty Ship hulls.

Many thanks,

Carl

3. Mark

Mark Active Member

sorry, haven't checked my e-mail in a while. Still interested in the 1/96 hulls, but not the sub, waiting on tug to find out how $$ the turrets will be, they're #1 priority, but if someone else can buy them before me thats fine.

4. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hello hey is that Kongo still for sale! I am very interested in buying the ship! Give me a email and the price again and where to send it!
    Buddy

5. dietzer

Buddy,

I just sent you an email with my contact info. The Kongo hull is still available, and I'm asking $125+shipping for it.

Many thanks,

Carl

6. dietzer

Curt,

Mark has said he's no longer interested in the Balao hull kit, so it's still available if you're still interested.

Mark,

The other interested party said that he is perfectly willing to wait for you to hear more from Tugboat regarding your turrets. In other words, he's insisting on honoring your first dibs. So the Artemis and Liberty ship hulls are both still available if you want them.

Many thanks,

Carl

7. Mark

Mark Active Member

So if we can get Tug to bang out the turrets we'll be doing fine:)

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Heyu Carl I didnt get a email you might have the old one! My email is battleshipbud@windstream.net. Family kept bugging me to get high speed and finnaly did it.

9. dietzer

Buddy,

I emailed you back at the newer email address. Let me know if you don't get it...

Thanks,

Carl

10. dietzer

take_down,

The 1/144 Kongo hull is sold. The 1/96 Balao Hull kit is still for sale, the 1/96 Artemis and 1/96 Liberty ship hulls are still up for grabs. Mark has 1st dibs on them, but said if someone else can buy them right away to let them. The 1/192 scale Missouri is also still up for grabs.

Thanks,

Carl

11. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The Balao is tempting, but the thought of filling in all those drain holes! Ack!

12. dietzer

Why fill them in? Just cover them over on the inside with fiberglass over balsa. Then you still have the drain holes looking cool on the outside! [:D]

Carl

13. Tugboat

I was thinking in terms of making it useable for Battlestations. A lot of the drain holes are in areas that have to be penetrable.

14. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

wondering if Micro Mark item #82389 is till availible

15. dietzer

Yes, it is still available!

Carl

16. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

a could i buy the balo class sub if it is still up for grabs

17. Mark

Mark Active Member

Tug, how far off are those turrets? If they're still going to be a while (2 months) I'll get those hulls from Carl.

18. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

mark what ships do you have

19. Tugboat

Mark, the full set will be a couple of months. I'll be down to one job (besides Artwerks) in May and can make better progress. The secondaries will be sooner, but if you want the hulls, buy them and you can pay for turrets when I'm sending you the mains.

Take Down, I strongly recommend against the Balao. Subs are the hardest ships to do, and in 1/96, the only people it could battle with are Battlestations guys, and we're pretty spread out. Some in the Northeast, one in SC, one in GA, and one in TX. Maybe a couple others, but that's off the top of my head.

20. dietzer

Sean,

I agree with Tugboat on this one. While I'd love to sell the Balao kit to someone, it's not a starter kit by any means, and will be very hard to build even in 1/96.

I'd recommend you buy a hull from Tugboat based on the Bob Pottle molds he's acquiring. Those are nice 1/144 scale hulls, and several of them are large enough to make a decent starter vessel.

Carl