WW1 Kongo superstructure

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by Xanthar, Jan 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Your work thus far does look quite awesome :)

2. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

Thank you, @Tugboat : )
    I haven't been really motivated to work on this lately and it seems like the "Kongo Kraze" has ended but, I do plan to pick it back up and maybe make it available as a kit?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Evan Fowler and Tugboat like this.
  3. Xanthar

The loaner Kongo hull I was working with ended up being returned so, the deck hasn't actually been laser cut, yet. I had thought about some kind of epoxy but, I like method that @pacific and @jch72 have demonstrated with blocks secured to the inside of the hull with mechanical fasteners.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  4. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

I don't know. KevinP showed up for the last battle with a Kongo and I suspect he will use it a good bit next year. That is a pretty good endorsement.

5. pacific

pacific Member

It is surprisingly robust. I like it a lot.

Tugboat likes this.
  6. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the Kongo kraze (for battlers) is just starting. Given the current rules/fleet make-ups, I'd consider it the most advantageous ship that can be Allied.

I'll have to remember to post my Kongo superstructure files - I think one of the pieces didn't save so I'll have to draw it up quickly - Also have turrets, barbetts with gun elbow holders, rudder mount, the under-deck solenoid holders

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Excellent! I'm not building one this year but I'd love to see some non-Nagato Japanese ships on the water.

8. Xanthar

Wow! Way to take over a thread about what I've been working on and make it about you! I was polite enough to not trash you in your thread even after you criticized my work early on. It wasn't worth me pointing out that the source material I was working from, actual pictures of the ship, differed with the plastic model instructions you were using. Clearly, there is no point in my continuing this project because @Kevin P. is here to save the day.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020