Video WWCC 2021 November

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Kotori87, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

At long last, we finally have a useful answer to the age old question: "But what about submarines?"

View: https://youtu.be/PaW1SPXLBrg

Ship is a Type IX U-boat, dynamic diver, armed with two forward-firing torpedo cannons. She did not participate in the battle that day, since her captain had a perfectly fine battleship to play with. He did a bit of testing, which you can see here, and a few demonstration attack runs on a convoy ship.

I have a few more combat videos coming soon as well, be sure to check back over the next few days.

2. Joseph

Joseph New Member

WOW what a Great Video! How Fun< I love the music and everything!
    Great Job
    Love it!

3. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

That's some awesome footage!
    It was great battling with you guys.

4. BigGunJeff

BigGunJeff Well-Known Member

Fantastic battles last Saturday. I was too engaged to get many photos, but here is one of the calm before the storm! Thanks @Kotori87 for making the trip down to battle with us!

Attached Files:

5. Kotori87

6. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Great Video Guy for our last November 15th 2021 Battle. I wanted to post this letter I sent out to the Club so if some one new is interested in playing with ships in our area they are more than welcome to contact us and check us out,

I just wanted to say, " Thanks to all you Western Warship Combat Club Members". Combat Season is officially closed for 2021. Thanks for all of you that support our Club even though you can't make the events yet. At our last event we hosted two of our kids that we have not seen in combat for 10 years, Carl and Eric B. Now they are grown up young men who can retire from the Navy in ten years, they are Nuclear submariners who are training new cadets. Just Amazing! We are all so proud of them! They said it was 100% worth the long drive from Washington. Of coarse this gave them the chance to see their brother on the way down and Mom after combat. After Combat We all went down to Cilantro's and had a fantastic dinner where Eric and Carl showed us the combat for the day from the camera on their ship. There was a ton of great shots and they will be posting them on U tube! I was surprised that Carl din't sink, John K., Alden, and Jeff where all over him. So Much Fun! John also showed them his sub and we are still trying to find this Lip stick camera that is water prof so we can show a sub battle, that would be so Cool..

I'm so sorry we didn't take any pictures, We had three Sorties and they where an all out type of combat. "Take No Prisoners", type! Lots of sinks. Julian turned his head and said something to Sammy for one second and John swung his guns over and blasted him with a full broadside from the Ohio. Julian sank 20 seconds later! Lots and Lots of Damage! What a Great way to End the Season. We where just so busy playing, BBQ-ing, and catching up. We would have have at least 4 sorties normally but nobody cared, it was just a Good Old Fashion kick back and enjoy yourself Day.

I'll talk to the Officers and schedule a banquette for the Club. We discussed it at the Battle Pond a little and We decided that it will be somewhere near Fremont probably sometime in January. I will ask Jeff if he could host a build day at his house and we could help all you guys with ship problems. We will keep you posted!

The Battle Pond seems to be going so slow but they are dumping tons of dirt every month. I guess it's just a big job widening the road around it, all I want to do is to get to the fun part. The Guys have some great ideas on how we are going to make it the best battle pond we can. It's so fun thinking about how we are going to do it. We diffidently need a shed and people put in money for it but we can't do it till the dirt is finished where we want to put the shed. We have lots of materials just waiting to be used also. I even have windows and a skylight. Some of the Guys what to be able to walk out on the shallow water a place the ship in that way also. Carl showed us pictures of how they do it at the Nationals and it looks like a great way to launch the ships. Let's keep the ideas coming so it will be the best combat pond on the West Coast.

All the Best to All of YOU !
    For those who could not make it this Year, lets hope that 2022 will give you a chance to come back out and have some fun with us.
    We miss You !
    Happy Holidays

Fleet Admiral,
    Joe

Z Boat and Nibbles1 like this.
  7. Kotori87

8. BigGunJeff

BigGunJeff Well-Known Member

Great videos, thanks for posting!

9. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I watched all the videos and got totally pumped up for next Year. I already fixed all the holes on the Alsace and started to repaint her. After that I'm going to either jump on the Iowa or the Bismark. Thanks again for coming on down. It was great to see you and show you what we have been up to and learn what you've been up to also! It's only going to get better from here on out. I think the sub video was my favorite because it was really hard seeing the periscope cruising threw the water until it finally came up to the surface for a few second then dove back down to hunt for more ships. I loved the sound affects too, Really cool. The other videos started off slow but combat really picked up after a few minuets. I'm surprised you didn't sink especially after the 12 gun broadside John gave you, plus more from Alden and especially Jeff. It looked like you guys couldn't get enough of each other. Hope your on the other side next Year, I always love a good fight!
    Congratulations on your fine skippering.
    See You Next Year,
    Joe

10. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Yes it was great to meet you and your brother, both of you are great battlers with a lot of knowledge and looking forward to next year. Thank you for the videos.