WWCC awards plaques

Discussion in 'General' started by Gascan, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I am making laser-etched 4" by 6" wooden plaques as awards for the WWCC, but I need the images that I want laser-etched into the wood. There are thirteen different awards, which I would like to be based on or inspired by real military awards. At the moment I am tossing ideas around, but I may need someone to help me turn the ideas into images that can be laser-etched.

First Place Overall.................................similar to USN Command At Sea badge
    Combatant of the Year.........................anchor with crossed cutlass and pistol
    Helmsman of the Year..........................open to suggestions, possibly ships wheel, compass, possibly the Navy Cross
    Meritorious Service...............................similar to the USN Meritorious Service award
    Captain of the Year (over 20k tons).....similar to the KM High Seas Fleet badge
    Captain of the Year (under 20k tons)....similar to KM Destroyer badge
    Convoy Captain of the Year................open to suggestions, possibly KM Blockade Runner badge
    Best Detailed Ship of the Year............open to suggestions, background is the Distinguished Service Order
    Most Reliable Ship of the Year............open to suggestions, possibly circumnavigating the globe, possibly the Navy Cross
    Rookie of the Year............................Chief Cap badge with WWCC instead of USN
    Captain's Choice Award..................similar to the USN Command Ashore badge or the Defense Meritorious Service Medal
    Most Feared Skipper Award.............some sort of skull and crossbones
    Naval Engineering Award...............open to suggestions, possibly the Diver Badge (Master) or this diver insignia

I like the shape of the Navy Cross and the Distinguished Service Order, and would like to use the basic shape of these medals with different insignias in the center. Up until recently, Ben usually won most detail ship, and since he builds British ships, I think it might be appropriate to make that award a variant of the DSO.