WWCC battle 10/14

Discussion in 'General' started by Gascan, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I had everything stacked up in the garage ready to be loaded into the car this morning. Then Mom came home from a coffee shop (or something, I'm not sure) and didn't see the stuff piled on the floor. So she hit my boat. Fortunately, she stopped before running all the way over it and hitting my brother's Spahkreuzer. The only damage was a broken mast on Luigi Cadorna and a dented toolbox. I'll let you know how the rest of the battle goes.

2. klibben

klibben Member

ouch! hence i keep my stuff in the basement, haha.

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

ouch! that really sux!

4. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Unfortunately, I have to report that the battle was not the success it could have been. The first three sorties were fun. The first sortie had six battleships, two torpedo cruisers, and the BLT, and was quite fun and very close in score. The second sortie lost one battleship, saw another switch to torpedo cruiser, and saw Carl temporarily swap Spahkreuzer with the skipper of the BLT, and that was also a blast (BLT and Spahkreuzer sank). Both ships were unable to make the third sortie and another battleship dropped due to rotation issues, but another torp cruiser and a destroyer showed up and played, and it was another good battle.

Unfortunately, in the Last Man Standing, Carl's Spahkreuzer was disqualified for taking too long to reload his torpedoes. In a review of the video taken of the event, I found that Carl still had thirty seconds to get back in the water and was disqualified illegally. Without his aggressive tactics, the LMS slowly lost steam. The BLT had an unseaworthy sink, Cadorna ran out of batteries and sank (I forgot to change batteries the whole day), the Atlanta's pump capsized and sank it (amusing story), the Wisconsin's cannons stopped working, and the other surviving ship, Cadorna's sister Giussano, got bored of chasing a big target that didn't fire back and surrendered. Wisconsin became the Last Man Standing.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't too pleased about this battle. The Combat Director has never liked the LMS, and has been playing political games all year to shut it down. I've defended the LMS as an important part of the club, and in the end all he managed to do was deny participants their rightful combat points. I prefer to fight my battles on the pond, so when he showed up and volunteered to be combat director I was very disappointed. Then he illegally disqualified me in front of a video camera, so now he's in trouble. BIG trouble. Cheating that blatantly cannot go without punishment.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'll crush you like this paper cup!

unh! unh!

Smithers! Crush this!

I can't believe someone would do that. That's rediculous behavior.

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

That's pretty frustrating. The way I see it, people who don't want to participate in something like a LMS, don't have to. It isn't hurting them, so why is it a big deal? I just don't understand.

Mike D

8. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Some people are just like that. Don't let it get to you. If you do it eventually turns you into one of them.

9. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't let it get to me, its just frustrating to see it out there.

Mike D

10. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Too true.

11. Kotori87

What was that quote? I think it was... "Evil prevails when good men do nothing". If someone is cheating, you catch them and call them on it. I plan to show the video I've captured of this individual causing problems to my club. I will then call for him to never serve as a Combat Director or club officer again. When confronted with undeniable evidence of cheating, the club will act.

Now there is the ever-so-slight (but still non-zero) probability that every "incident" this individual has caused was due to ignorance and not maliciousness, and I suspect he will try this defense. Even if he really is simply ignorant, that's still ample cause for him to never hold political power again.

12. klibben

klibben Member

uhm, whats the chances of him reading this?

13. Kotori87

Nil. Gascan and I are the only two WWCC'ers on this list. Most other club members do not participate in any forums, and those who do join forums have not joined this one.

14. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

I just saw this and wanted to add to this person. We came up with a rule to sort of spank this guy. He was from out of state. So the proposal was that you had to be a California resident to 1) Hold office. 2) Could not be a combat director or any other ref at a WWCC
    event. 3) Could not submit nor vote on any new rules proposals. It passed by the majority by 5 votes. 3 months later the president of the WWCC holds an illegal vote with his good ol boys and gets rid of the rule. By the way the president and the person in question are very good friends. Sorry I was not in this forum to contribute this to this thread.

15. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

It would not make a difference. It would go off of him like water off a ducks back.

16. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

And what punishment did he get. Nothing. We all sat by and did nothing. What was said in the movie Das Boot. Hot air all of them. All wind and smoke. The good ol boys prevailed in this one. I sat out the year in a protest. WWCC would rather have cheats.

17. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

There was a huge fuss about it, Dan. A rule was passed by the club's majority to punish him, though ultimately his friend got him off and we let it slide. Still, hopefully it was a wake-up call, and he sat out most of the year. He only came to two battles, as I recall. I haven't seen or heard of any email arguments with him, either. This has been a very relaxed and mellow year, focused on battling on the pond rather than on email servers. The Good Old Boys saw what would happen if they pulled any big shenanigans and we all saw how ugly major arguments could get. I think everyone decided to relax and have fun this year.

18. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Yes I well know the results of that action. I posted it on this thread. He really did not get any punishment though. The beast is still there. Like any wild animal it will strike again, It is just a matter of time.