WWI hulls?

Discussion in 'Construction' started by CPT. Jr, Aug 8, 2008.

1. CPT. Jr

CPT. Jr Member

I was wonderin what on earth does the hull of the WWI ships look like, you know the ones where the bow slopes inward (like from the ships of the great white fleet I think), I can’t seem to find a blueprint anywhere, and would like to know how it works in general. I’m working on drawing the blueprints for an old ship, by using mutiple pictures of it, but none of them realy fill me in on what the hulls of that type of ship look like.

2. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Different WWI hulls look, well, different. You may be thinking off the tumblehome designs that went largely out of favor in WWII, but are back in modern designs. Regardless, there are plans available for many WWI ships from various sources. The French Naval Archive site has some for free download, as I recall (there are links to this site and several other plans vendors on the Visit this site site as well as several of the YAHOO groups like BigGunsModelWarship and IRCWCC and BSTF).

By the way, many of the WWI ships s\did not use the tumblehome, but were very similar to WWII designs in general configuration.

Cheers,