Yamato gun upgrade

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Finally got to do what I always wanted to do with a Yamato class . Make all of it's 9 guns bb cannons. Triple stern and triple sidemounts. I did testing on the bench and everything worked well so next test will be on water gunnery trials . Hope to get video and record how it goes . I most likely will be tweaking the cannons as the model has been in storage since mid Oct 2019. All the cannons are 50 round mags and they are straight mags .

Attached Files:

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Had a great run and test fired the triple sidemount cannons in A and B turret. C turret I had broken a barb off whilst installing a brick battery and the hose for the center cannon for the stern turret popped off. I did get rounds off from the other 2 cannons in that turret but not the same without the third cannon. I somehow also hooked up the extra cannons in that when I moved my right stick on the tx to the right I was firing off both port and starboard turret sidemounts simultaneously which would be an interesting attack tactic by pulling up between two class 6 battleships and dealing them lethal hits only to pull away and triple stern them when they try to back away or turn to broadside me.

Attached Files:

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Forgot this pic.

Attached Files:

4. Selley

Selley Active Member

Yamato looks beautiful on the water

5. Mad_Modeller

Mad_Modeller Active Member

For a battler very nice details. As always well done.

CURT likes this.