Yamato, waste of time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spartan089, Jan 18, 2008.

1. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

I don't think I'm empowered to do so, but I'll be happy to post a request. They've done it for me before.

How about, under the "General" heading:

"Full-Scale Naval Topics"

With the subhead/description:

"Ships, navies, technology, history (actual & alternative), etc. in 1:1 scale."

That ought to cover a lot of ground, including contemporary topics if anyone wants to go there. I believe that once a topic is defined at that level, anybody can add their own discussion within it.

JM

2. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

You know what? There are still some people who don't get it.

JM

3. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

We have a rookie in our fast gun club who purchased the Yamato as he wanted the biggest ship with the most firepower possible. I agree that it is a powerful ship and will be a beast to deal with once it is ruinning. However, I have to agree that it is not for the novice unless you have ALOT of hands on building support and time and knowledge to set up the interior systems. My Washington has triple sterns and I was lucky enough to have someone that assisted me with the guns electrical and set up. (I had never used solinoids in any of my boats before.) So, in my opinion, you may want to start off with an Andrea Doria or Lion, a couple of real fun ships that have sidemounts for slugging it out and a nice stern gun. Just my two cents worth.

4. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Go ahead John and see what you can do. I like it where ever you call it or put it.