yamoto or iowa

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by DeletedUser, Mar 27, 2008.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

What ship do you think would last longer in a shoot out?
    Yamoto
    Iowa
    I would say the Yamoto just because i like axis.
    Here is the situation you are stuck in the middle of your pond you and the iowa or the yamotoyour choice, your engine got bumped out of line with the prop shafts and you cant move and you are taking on water. What ship do you think will last longer i a shoot out at point blank range.
    What do you do?
    (A)turn on the pump
    (B)just let the other ship clobber you
    (C)clobber the othere ship
    (D)just go at it untill someone sinks

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I would guess a Yamato due to the greater hull volume. Though you are a bigger target.

3. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

that what im saying

4. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Hmmm, let me picture this...a disabled Yamato out in the middle of the pond, and a disabled Iowa nearby. Which one will I shoot?

YAMATO,every time! :))

BTW, smaller BB's, armed well, perhaps a frog with twin quads or a Nelson, have a distinct advantage in a point-blank exchange. the larger BB has trouble bringing its stern guns to bear on the smaller ship, but the smaller BB has a target it can't miss.

5. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i was asking what ship would you be

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well I have a Yamato that was in a very similiar situation at Can-nats 5. First Contest for Yamato it went dead in the water early in the sortie and was attacked at point blank range for nearly the entire sortie. Reason I didn't call 5 right away hoping that it was just a temporary glitch and I would regain control. I didn't want to pull the beast out early for a early withdrawl. Well it took punishment for about 10-12 min straight before I decided to call 5min. My teammates tried to keep the attackers at Bay but they were like killer bees swarming over Yamato. A couple of small class 4's just sat there alongside of her pumping round after round. Finally it was over. Over 600 holes..above the waterline with a few just on and none below thankfully.

Can-nats 9 1st sortie. Sharnhorst sank and it was just Yamato against 7 allied ships. I ran the gauntlet thinking the pump will keep me afloat. It failed to come on and the model took on heavy damage above, on, and below the waterline. It sank quickly. Revenge was sweet the following battles of the day and remainder ofthe weekend as the pump was working and the ship handled the damage with ease.

Yamato VS Musashi. Check the Youtube video. The ship stayed afloat for a long time before going under. My Money is on Yamato..why..just the sheer volume of the hull and the reserve buoyancy.

7. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

that would suck

8. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Well, Yamato has the edge on firepower,(in big-gun) and in hull capacity, whereas Iowa has the edge in speed and possibly steering. Stop both ships dead in the water, side by side and Yammer wins, just. Although she'd probably sink shortly afterwards. Let them dance and Iowa can punch and evade, hitting Yammer when she wants.

9. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

yeah true