Z23-30 Destroyer Build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by CadenMN, Apr 17, 2022.

1. CadenMN

CadenMN New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Caden, I am a junior from Minnesota who recently got my first ship! I tried to join the hobby a few years ago, yet never really was able to get into it due to a busy schedule and the lack of a ship. However, for my birthday, I got a Battlers Connection 1:144 Scale Z23-30 class destroyer! I would greatly appreciate any comments or recommendations during the building process, and I will try and post pictures as much as possible!

Happy easter!

-Caden H

darkapollo likes this.
  2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Welcome, there’s a very active group in MN, send a message to @Bob and try to connect with him

3. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

First, welcome to the group. Bob H does a terrific job helping the group there and you are likely within 30 minutes of his shop.
    Second, look at the build threads on Gearings, "VacU Gearings, and Narviks for representative layouts and techniques.
    Third, How much of the "stuff " to build a ship have you purchased?

4. CadenMN

CadenMN New Member

So currently I have,
    -The Ship kit:
    -Hull
    -Superstructure
    -Deck
    -Running Gear:
    -motor(s), prop shafts, shaft struts, props, universal(s), throttle switches, wiring, main power switch, rudder assembly, and motor mounts

I'm not entirely sure what I need to purchase for electronics, guns, etc.. So a list of things would be greatly appreciated!

-Caden H

5. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Just get together with Bob. I'm surprised he hasn't seen this and gotten in touch with you already. You'll no doubt be invited to their next battle and offered a ship to borrow, and more help than you can possibly want.

6. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I’ve chatted with him. He’s on our email list up here too. Building days are in short supply with a kid in softball. Four games this week.