Giving up

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by dietzer, Aug 17, 2023.

1. jcollins

jcollins Active Member

I might be interested in the 1/96 Strasbourg to go with my 1/96 Hood.

Xanthar likes this.
  2. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

September
    The best time to meet will be Saturday, September 23rd. That is our last battle for the year and should be well attended.

I'm also willing to drive to Indiana to pick up stuff.

Xanthar likes this.
  3. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Sorry, I was out of town on vacation. I will try to take some pics and post them over the weekend.

4. dietzer

You are first in line for her!

5. dietzer

Awesome, I’ll plan on being there. Thx!

6. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

1:96 HMS Hood?????? That’s like 9 foot ???

I need to see photos.

7. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

8. dietzer

Sorry for the delay. Here is a PDF with the ship plans I have for sale. I tried to be detailed so everyone knows what each set contains. Many are rare, out of print, plan sets. I can bring plans with me to TF12 this weekend and save you on shipping. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xjo6...Sale.pdf?rlkey=yy01qipqj0bmry8bx329kqhfs&dl=0

Let me know if you have trouble seeing this file. I will gladly email it to you if needed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  9. dietzer

OK, one person struck very quickly. :)

The following plans have been sold:

- HMS Hedingham Castle, Norman Ough
    - HMS Penelope, Norman Ough
    - HMS Kashmir, Norman Ough, the "great condition" plan set
    - HMS Matabele, Norman Ough
    - HMS Olympus, Norman Ough
    - HMS Starling
    - British M-Class Submarines M1, M2, and M3, USS Choktaw, Special Issue #9
    - British Torpedo Boat MTB-34, Issue #28
    - HMS Javelin
    - HMS Amethyst
    - Planmappe: Die Deutschen Zerstorer, Z15-Z32

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  10. dietzer

I just realized that I made a cut-n-paste mistake on my ship list: the Model Builder plans for the DE/DET-162 Class from The Floating Drydock has sections rather than stations. My apologies for the mistake. I will throw in the ANB DE-162 USS Levy hull lines and stations sheet for free for whomever buys these plans, so that you have a copy of the stations.

11. dietzer

The following plans have now been spoken for:

- Model Builder plans for the DE/DET-162 Class from The Floating Drydock
    - ANB DE-162 USS Levy hull lines and stations
    - HMS Roberts by Robert Goff
    - Viribis Unitis plans CD

12. George Reborn

George Reborn Member

Hello, Carl. My name is George. Am a nominal (i.e., inactive) member of Brian Koehler's SAS club.

Am very sorry to hear you have decided to abandon the RC model warship hobby at this point in your life. It must hurt deeply to forswear a dream, for that is exactly what this "Magnificent Obsession" is, to those of us enamored with it.

What your situation is currently or what the future may have in store for you, I cannot know. Nonetheless, let me share a personal story with you: over 30 years ago, I became involved with a Big Gun club in California (WWCC, as I recall) and managed to build the hull for a Kuma class torpedo cruiser from scratch. At the time, however, I owned a business, had bought a home (a real fixer-upper), my beloved wife and I were planning to (and did!) get pregnant and was, generally speaking, so busy, I had to gave up the hobby. And life went on.

Then, in 2020, I moved to Florida and, being retired, started looking for a hobby to keep busy (and out of trouble!) To my delight, I rediscovered RC warship combat. Despite poor health and other issues, I still plan to complete a Fast Gun compliant model, some day.

So don't lose hope. Circumstances chance. And we all need a dream to keep going.

Regarding the inventory you are attempting to divest yourself of: do you have any ship plans you are willing to sell? As I have come into this thread late, you can reach me by telephone at 239-676-8804 to discuss.

13. dietzer

All the plans in the link above are for sale. The MNCC had first crack at them, so sales are open to all. Except for the plans I’ve listed as sold since posting the link, all my plans are for sale.