Long lost member and USS Artemis for sale

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Stuart, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Stuart

Stuart Member

Hi Guys,

I recently posted my USS Artemis and some parts for sale here and I thought I'd post again here as it is 1/96 specific.

[​IMG]

I may still come back to the hobby (trawling through the forum over the last couple of days reminded how great the hobby is), but for now I'm in the final stages of completing my Lotus 7 replica which has taken more than enough time, money and effort - she's at the dyno to be tuned on Monday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to model ships. Feel free to ask any questions, PM me, and/or make an offer.

Cheers,
    Stu

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Stu,

Good to hear from you again! Last time we exchanged emails you were about to go out on a fishing boat from somewhere in the Land Down Under. Glad you survived your days at sea. :) Looks like you are finally back home again.

Sorry to hear you are leaving the hobby, but I must admit that car looks like a lot of fun... :) I can see why you want to focus on it -- it's downright gorgeous. Good thing you can't see my drool right now. Looks like a job well done!

I saw your posting in the 'For Sale' section. Your Artemis is a work of art. Not sure what you want for it, but the boat with all the stuff that comes with it looks to be worth at least $400-$500, perhaps more. I'm not sure what all those white metal parts go for these days. Wish I had the money right now for it, because you did a fantastic job with it. Whomever buys that will be lucky, indeed.

BTW, are you still in contact with Arthur? I have money for him from selling the two Artemis hulls he sent me years ago that were made from your plug (one of which eventually found a home with Nikki after changing hands a few times). I had a hard drive crash a few years ago and lost all my contact info for Art. Please send me his email or snail mail address if you have it so I can send him the money.

Best wishes,

Carl

3. Stuart

Stuart Member

Hi Carl and good to hear from you!

Yeah I survived in the Aussie outback for about 18 months before settling in Brisbane on the east coast for a few years, then accidentally got sucked into the booming Western Australian (WA) mining industry for the last 8-9 years which saw me back out in the desert.

I really got out of the hobby when I left Brisbane as I just didn't have the time to continue it. Kath and I got married, built a house and I have had the Artemis in a box in storage ever since, and just never got around to doing anything with it, so I thought I'd sell it to someone that might use it. As the 1/96 thing didn't really take off and Australia is just across the ditch and exclusively 1/144 big gun, it would make sense to promote that format here instead of 1/96. I still think 1/96 is the best scale for warship combat, but the opportunity for some great trans-Tasman rivalry (Kiwi/Aussie battling) in 1/144 is too great I think.

If someone were to offer me $400-$500, then I'd probably let it all go. That's the price range I had in mind as well, but wasn't sure as I've been away from it for so long.

I have an email address for Art, but I'm not sure if it is still correct. I'll PM it to you in any case and see if he gets back to you. As you're offering money, my guess is that he will!

If anyone wants to make me an offer, then I'm open to it as well as payment over a few months...

Cheers,
    Stu

4. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Congrats on getting married! Best thing that ever happened to me was getting married. I wish you both the very best.

Glad you survived mining in the desert. That's gotta be hard, hot work. Hopefully your current job isn't as like a 'Dirty Jobs' episode. :)

Thanks for sending me Art's email address. I'll give that a try. Last time we emailed he was having some serious health issues, so I hope he is doing much better now...

Thanks!

Carl

5. Stuart

Stuart Member

Hi Guys,

I'm having a good shed clean out and the Artemis has to go.

I'm not sure how much shipping will be, but I'll box it all up and have it delivered for US$400 if someone will take it all off my hands for that. Otherwise make me an offer.

Cheers,
    Stu