self centering on Turnigy/FlySky radios

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Nate G, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

While many, myself included , have simply flopped the left and right gimbals in our radios to get the throttle to self center, there is another way. There is a kit with the pieces to add this function to the existing gimbal in Mode 2 radios. I found them on EBay. search youtube for the video. watch twice then do the mod. It took me 5 minutes to complete.

Search for this part:

Flysky i6S FS-i6S Self Centering Throttle Mode Change to Mode 1 spare part

Good luck.

darkapollo likes this.
  2. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

I wonder how the firmware reacts to that or if it will just pick up center as ‘0’
    I would love to turn off that stupid “zero throttle” warning. Right now I just use the right stick for motion.

3. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Nothing to react to. you are just making the throttle function go to center zero versus the factory resistance only mechanics. the Fwd Rev ESC sees the center position as neutral. this is only a mechanical change, not a firmware change in Mode 2 - which is what we typically get in the USA.

If you are talking about the gimbal switch we typically do, I did not mention that you unplug and replug (swap over) the cables from the electronics for the "switcheroo".

4. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

No, my i6x freaks out if the throttle stick isnt at 0 when it turns on. So autocentering that stick would be an issue w/o a firmware update to turn that off. I havent found an option for it in the manual.

5. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I swapped my entire gimbal to a self centering one. All I do when I turn it on is to bump the stick down and it turns on. it's not that big of a problem for me. It would be nice to not have to do so, but it's really no big deal

6. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

OK. got it.
    all the transmitters with this firmware do that. just bump to throttle down and continue with load up. The spektrums have a setting to stop this but these do not have that setting or programming option - at least that I can find. $50 transmitter vs. $250 Transmitter.

7. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Nate,

This is awesome information! Thank you for sharing I will definitely try this with one of my spare transmitters to test it out I do love having the self centering. It will help with my cruiser since I have the guns set to the side that has self centering and would like the throttle to be self centering as well.

Justin “Russell” R

8. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff