SMS Seydlitz Underway in Battlers Connection Shipyard

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by Charley, May 6, 2016.

1. Charley

Charley Vendor

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
    NickMyers likes this.
  2. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Charley

Charley Vendor

Ship list needs up dated speed by length rule makes her 24 sec

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

huh, that is an interesting goof. you're right, it should be listed as 24seconds. making seydlitz more appealing by the second..
    seydlitz-conways.PNG

5. Charley

Charley Vendor

With the low freeboard in the stern her haymakers will be nasty. Making mine with 2 stern side mounts and a wing turret 15 degrees

6. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

Nice!

7. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

That gun layout is the same as the Moltke I had. I was never able to get the stern gun to be very useful. When straight out the back it hit would hit the stern sidemount barrel on that side. I placed a dummy brass barrel next to the gun to protect it and would destroy the brass over a weekend. I tried putting the sidemount in on that side in both the lower and upper turret with no change. I also tried to put it off set from 5-15 deg off. But this was very hard to aim, any list or roll in the ship changed the area the gun could hit by a large margin. I felt I was always fighting a two gun ship. Seydlitz's wing turret is even farther from the stern than Moltke's and will make this problem worse.
    Before I sold Moltke I had planned to put the gun out the bow. The wing turret in the bow was the first choice. Or maybe the A turret, but there's not much down angle to get out of A.

8. HorribleHarry

HorribleHarry Member

Interesting... my old hull has the "deck" molded in already, but I was lost on how to do the "subdeck" areas till I saw the pic here.
    Now I see to make a step under the open parts of the hull to lay the removable decks into. durrr.
    Now my favorite ship in the world will have a bunch of friends!

9. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I encountered the same problem with my first one. I got around it somewhat by moving the superfiring turret to the side with the sidemount but it made for less than optimal down angle to allow the stern gun to clear. The current Moltke has the sidemount with a bit more down angle but I'm still not expecting much. Maybe for shooting at stationary/disabled ships. Sidemounts rock though.