South Carolina Superstructure

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by Chris Stoesen, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Chris Stoesen

Chris Stoesen New Member

I am trying to 3d print my superstructure. I can do most of the shapes that I need in Tinkercad. However the air scoops near the smokestacks are beyond my poor skills. Any suggestions or do you know of anything similar? As you can see from the picture, the ones I have are a bit beat up.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  3. Chris Stoesen

Chris Stoesen New Member

Thank you. I will look into this.

4. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

If you are into accurate scale detail, this might not be of interest, BUT if you are a battler;

there is an extremely durable hard plastic "bit" - a 90 degree tubing angle of the correct size for your particular model ( I know because I have used it on my SoCar for 10 years and other drivers have requested them). It is included in the kit for anesthesia gas machines called the circuit and noone uses it. They(OR crews) throw out hundreds of these a week because most machines do not need them. If you cut one end short, it makes a pretty good approximation and is BB proof. The joint onto the deck is the weak link.

5. Chris Stoesen

Chris Stoesen New Member

Interesting. Thanks Nate.

6. Andrew Heughins

Andrew Heughins Member

Hi Chris,

Attached is the air scoop for the South Carolina as modeled for World of Warships. This is for the front set. If you would like an STL for the middle and rear scoops, just let me know. This only took a few minutes to convert.

I started out with TinkerCad. I use Fusion 360 now. I highly suggest if you want to make any parts for ships you convert. Plenty of how to YouTube videos and its free for hobbists.

Attached Files:

7. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

Like most things from WOWs, it's not very round : (